Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Reason For Starting This Blog

I wanted to start this blog because I wanted a place to share things about my life that I have learned along the way and talk about some of my experiences.  It is almost a journal for me of the past, the present, and the future of my life.  The passing of my father this last year made me realize that I am so blessed with the people i have had surrounding me in my life and blessed to have gone through every experience and learned the things that I have.  I also believe that since I broke my neck in October of 2010, and then dealing with the death of my father, that I am on a new journey with my eyes more open to the world around me.  I am lucky enough to have had a dad that could do anything - he could paint, he could draw, he could fix my computer, fix my car, jerry-rig whatever needed it, or  give me some good advice on just about anything.  He had so many different kinds of jobs in his lifetime that he couldn't even remember everything he had done.  My dad was so talented that he was an artist, sign painter, taxi cab driver, auto mechanic, he built chainsaws, he worked on the B2 Bomber, he was a software engineer, and til the day he died, he had always been a pastor.  I am lucky enough to say that I got my natural variety of talents and skills from my dad and that is how I came up with the name to my blog.  I am grateful for the time I got with my dad although it still feels like it was too short.  I miss him every day.  My mom is great too and she has taught me so much as well and if I miss my dad this much, I can't even fathom how much she must miss him.  I can't leave out my sister and my brother because they have been an important part of my life and life skills too and i'm so grateful for having them in my life and that we are so close.  I love my family.  I hope that my blog is something that people enjoy reading but also get something from it, whether it's understanding me, feeling understood, or you just get some good tips out of it, then i'm happy.   It will be unpredictable i'm sure because that is life and i'm going to make the most of it.  

1 comment: